- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.KYM0koNE.dpuf Her Fiction Fix | Reviews.: The Spooktacular Paranormal Reading Challenge

The Spooktacular Paranormal Reading Challenge

Sunday, September 30, 2012 § 0 Comments


This month, I'll be participating in the 2nd Annual Spooktacular Paranormal Reading Challenge, hosted by Marie at Ramblings of a Daydream. The purpose of this reading challenge is to read and review a minimum of three paranormal books between October 1st and 31st.
I can't believe it's October already tomorrow. But October means Halloween! One of my favourite times of the year. That reminds me, I need to plan what I'm going to carve into a jack-o-lantern this year. Last year was Voldemort and Thriller!Michael Jackson -- I got an amazing response from people, so this year needs to top it. I'm open to ideas!

Check out details on this challenge, taken from Marie's blog post:
  • Read and review a minimum of three (3) paranormal** books. Reviews must be posted for the first time between October 1st and 31st, 2012. You don’t have to have a blog to participate, as long as you can post your reviews somewhere (GoodReads, Amazon, etc) and share them.
  • For every paranormal book you read, review, and link up in the month of October, you’ll be entered in a giveaway to win one of the paranormal books below. To be eligible for the giveaway, you must complete the minimum of three books.
  • The link-up in this post is just for sign ups. I’ll be posting a separate link-up for reviews on the 1st of October.
  • Ebooks and audiobooks count. Adult and young adult books count. If this challenge crosses over into other challenges you're doing, that’s fine with me.
**PARANORMAL: Same as last year, I’m using a very loose interpretation of ‘paranormal’. It can be paranormal, fantasy, urban fantasy - basically any ‘creature’ or ‘otherworldly’ book counts - vampires, werewolves, faeries, shape shifters, zombies, angels, demons, mermaids, dragons, witches/wizards/sorcerers, trolls, sirens, banshees, etc.
Now, paranormal YA? My favorite kind. So it was hard trying to decide which 3 I'll read. Since my blog is new, I'll re-read a book and post a review of it for the first time. Plus I'm planing on re-reading the entire series to prepare for the movie release next year anyway (alksdjhf!). Another one will be a book that I just heard about yesterday, plus its sequel, which just came out.

  1. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare: Nephelim, demons, warlocks, vampires
    [✓ Review]
  2. Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1) by Tera Lynn Childs: Gorgons, Greek mythological creatures
    [✓ Review]
  3. Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2) by Tera Lynn Childs: Gorgons, Greek mythological creatures
    [✓ Review]

There is also a paranormal book giveaway going on with this challenge, so if you'd like to sign up, do so right here.

What's this?

You are currently reading The Spooktacular Paranormal Reading Challenge at Her Fiction Fix | Reviews..

meta

§ Leave a Reply